May 6, 2011

Thor - Friday Night Flix


Hello everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates on the blog this week. My internet has been acting up recently, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. So thanks for sticking it out with me and checking back in today.

Today's blog is all about Thor. Chris, a few friends, and I went to go see the midnight release of Thor here in the United States. And let me just start out by saying that it was amazing and much more than both Chris and I were expecting. But before we get to Thor, here is a list of a few other movies that were released today.

Movies released May 6, 2011



Something Borrowed
Directed by: Luke Greenfield
Starring: Kate Hudson, Ginnifer Goodwin, and others.










Jumping the Broom
Directed by: Salim Akil
Starring: Angela Bassett, Paula Patton, and others.








The Beaver
Directed by: Jodie Foster
Starring: Mel Gibson, Jodie Foster, and others.










----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thor Review











As I stated above, Thor was much more than what I was expecting. I went into the theater not knowing much about who or what Thor was. I know, I know, I'm going to get flamed for saying that but I'm just being honest. For me it took a while for the movie to get interesting. I recall my hod bopping up and down because I was beginning to fall asleep. I don't know if that was because it was past midnight and I was tired, or if the movie just took a while to develop. Regardless, once the movie began to pick up it always had you on the edge of your seat.

Thor had many elements of a movie that I enjoy. It had action, romance, and comedy. The action scenes in the movie were well filmed, and you never felt as if you were lost in all of the action.There was an obvious love interest between Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), and it played an important role throughout the entire movie. It was also surprising to find so much comedy in what seemed to be a hardcore action movie. 

There were two stories going on at once, and I felt that the panning in and out of the two different stories was done well. It seemed to be a theme throughout the entire movie, they really worked hard to not confuse the viewer and make it as easy as possible to follow along. The movie was not too short, nor too long, it was just right. Overall the plot was believable, the main elements of the story were there and explained well, the cast was great, and they did Thor justice.

If you have free time today, or during the weekend, then I really recommend that you go out and give Thor a watch. Trust me, you wont be disappointed. And as always with Marvel Studios movies, don't forget to stay after the credits to catch some sweet secret stuff. Hope you enjoyed this brief review, and once you watch the movie please leave your rating and comments down below. 


Rating: 4.5/5
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again for another week here at ChrisCrossBlogs! We hope that you are enjoying our content this year, and please look forward to our video that will be released later today. Pirates of the Caribbean content is coming next week. I'm Christian and you, well you've just been ChrisCrossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment